I'm Alexa — the designer behind Alexa B. Creative & Design. I'm so excited to work with you during this exciting chapter in your business! Whether we'll be designing a one-of-a-kind brand identity or launching your next big thing, I follow a step-by-step and streamlined process for every one of my projects. It's extremely important for me that you have a seamless experience as we work together and this polished, refined process allows me to best serve you every step of the way.
Please take a moment to get to know my design process and policies. I've included a checklist for each design experience — please download, print and use the one that corresponds to your project. Again, I'm so excited to work together and can't wait to get started!
Monday - Thursday | 9:00am - 4:00pm MST
Fridays by appointment only
Closed on U.S. holidays
Throughout our project, we will communicate via email, Basecamp (project management tool) and scheduled Zoom calls.
Please provide feedback within 48 hours of receiving drafts, concepts or other proofs in order to keep the project on schedule.
Please download, print and use this checklist if we're working together on your brand identity design.
Please download, print and use this checklist if you have selected my Designed to Launch package.
Brand & Web Checklist
Please download, print and use this checklist if we're working on your brand identity and website design.
design process overview
Step 1: Getting Started
To start off the process, I'll ask you to complete a brief questionnaire. This questionnaire is designed to help me learn more about you, your business and your vision. It's important that you answer thoughtfully, as your responses will serve as a roadmap throughout the entire design process. If we are working together on brand collateral, your website or launch design, I'll also gather all copy and content via a shared Google folder before we begin. This will not only ensure our project stays on track, but you'll be able to kick back and relax the rest of the way!
- Brand: Complete the Brand Strategy Questionnaire, upload any content for brand collateral to your shared folder, and schedule your Kickoff Call.
- Brand & Web: Complete the Brand Strategy Questionnaire, upload any content for brand collateral and your website to your shared folder, and schedule your Kickoff Call.
- Launch: Complete the Launch Design Questionnaire and upload any content to your shared folder.
Step 2: Establishing a Design Direction
Using all the information you shared with me through our conversations and your questionnaire, I’ll prepare a Design Proposal for you to review. This proposal will ensure we are beginning the design process with a solid, intentional foundation and make sure we’re on the same page as far as your design direction and overall aesthetic. Please note this proposal is only a “starting point” for our design process — your design may change and grow based on the feedback you provide.
- Brand: Attend Kickoff Call, and review and approve your Design Proposal.
- Brand & Web: Attend Kickoff Call, and review and approve your Design Proposal.
- Launch: Review and approve your Design Proposal.
Step 3: Brand Design
With an approved creative direction in my back pocket, I’ll begin designing potential logo and brand concepts. Once I think I’ve hit the nail on the head, I’ll send over the brand concept along with a video presentation so you have a thorough understanding of the rationale behind the design. If necessary, we will tweak and refine so that you have the best design to connect with your ideal client and achieve your business goals.
- Brand: Watch Brand Concept Presentation, Review Brand Concepts (3), refine if necessary, and approve brand design.
- Brand & Web: Watch Brand Concept Presentation, Review Brand Concepts (3), refine if necessary, and approve brand design.
- Launch: Watch Brand Concept Presentation, Review Brand Concepts (3), refine if necessary, and approve brand design.
Step 4: Web Design
Once the your brand design is approved, we’ll move forward with web design. For Designed to Launch clients, this includes any sales or landing pages.If we are collaborating on your brand and website design, we'll start with your home page before moving on to the rest of your site.
- Brand & Web: Review and refine home page design, review complete website design, refine if necessary and approve website design.
- Launch: Review sales or landing page design, refine if necessary and approve. Begin development.
Step 5: Collateral Design
If you selected to include any brand or marketing collateral, I’ll design it using the elements of your approved brand design. You’ll have the opportunity to provide feedback and we can make any refinements that will help you better connect with your ideal client and achieve your business goals.
- Brand: Review brand collateral design(s), refine if necessary and approve brand collateral.
- Brand & Web: Review brand collateral design(s), refine if necessary and approve brand collateral.
- Launch: Review marketing collateral design(s), refine if necessary and approve marketing collateral.
Step 6: Final Files & Launch
Once your brand and/or marketing collateral is approved, you’ll receive a link to a Dropbox folder with your final files. In this folder, you’ll find all your brand elements, as well as elements for your web pages and collateral. Please download the files or add them to your Dropbox account immediately as this link will eventually expire.
Before sharing your new brand identity or signature offering with the world, I'll share suggestions to prepare for a successful launch. I’ll be cheering you on during your launch day and as you continue to grow your business!
- Brand: Download final files, prep for launch day and celebrate!
- Brand & Web: Download final files, prep for launch day, make your website live and celebrate!
- Launch: Download final files, prep for launch day and celebrate!
Access Your Client Portal
Here you'll find all project documents including contracts, invoices and questionnaires. Use your email address and the password you received via email to log in.